Saturday, June 11, 2016

Saturday, June 11
June 11, 2016

Saturday, June 11

Wow, the start of my adventure is in only 18 days away! I cannot believe it. I have half scared and half excited. For those of you that do not know, this summer I will be spending 6 weeks in Xiamen, China with the NSLI-Y program (National Security Language Initiative for Youth). (For more information visit: http://www.nsliforyouth.com) The NSLI-Y program gives children my age the opportunity to study "critical languages" all around the world, including Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Persian, and more! It is such a great once in a lifetime opportunity, and I am so fortunate to be participating.

I know it will be hard to adapt to a new culture, but, no matter how hard it is to adapt to a new culture, I have no doubt that summer 2016 will be a summer to remember. I will meet so many new people, go to so many new places, and eat so many new things. Although I am terrified, I cannot wait to land in Xiamen China on July 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment