Thursday, August 4, 2016

Spirit Week
August 04, 2016

Spirit Week

After stalking other NSLI-Y program around the world on Instagram, Sydney and I decided we had to do something fun, to prove that we were the best NSLI-Y group. We thought of the idea of making a spirit week, to celebrate our last week in 厦门. 



Monday: Pajama Day 
A lot of people dressed up by wearing shorts and a tshirt, me being one of them. Considering I sleep in a big tshirt and spandex, I figured I should play it save and just "bum" it on pajama day. 




Tuesday: Twin Day

Sydney and I, being the non-blood related sisters that we are, twinned. We wore the shorts that we bought together at the mall and a blue/white striped shirt. 




Wednesday: Wacky Day
I choice to opted out of this one, and so did most of the people. Since I planned on going biking on Wednesday around campus, I didn't want to be in some ridiculous outfit. On a side note, biking was so much fun and allowed me to see some incredible views. It was also fun being the one on the bike almost hitting the walkers instead of being the person who almost gets hit every 5 seconds. I also went on Tuesday with Sydney, Zihan, and Merrick but on Wednesday I went with Sydney, Zihan, and Skylar again. We biked to the reservoir and then around the campus. 



Thursday: Team Color Day
Remember how at PDO we were divided into 5 teams? Well, for Thursday each team choice a color and all wore it. My team, the Orange Team, choice to wear white t-shirts and black shorts because no one owns orange clothes. 


Friday: NSLI-Y T-shirt Day
I know, lame right? But since it is our last day in 厦门 we are having a "farewell party" with all the tutors and host families, so even if we didn't have spirit week, we would still have to wear our NSLI-Y shirts. 

1 comment:

  1. Dang that part where you were excited to be the one hitting the people instead is really funny, but this was a really smart and fun idea that you and Sydney came up with!

    ReplyDelete