Wednesday, July 13, 2016

七月十三号
July 13, 2016

七月十三号

Our desks; the tables fold down  

Today was another normal day with classes, classes, and more classes. In Chinese class we practiced making appointment. I realized I haven't showed you what our classroom looks like. It is actually really nice. It's in the Foreign Language building which is newly renovated, except they must of forgot to update the bathrooms because they do no actually have toilets, just holes....



We were supposed to have another Green Cleanup but since we went traveling tomorrow and walked a lot, they moved it to tomorrow. I also had E-Portfolio this morning in between breakfast and classes. Don't ask me why it's called E-Portfolio because it's basically like support group. So once a week each team talks with one of the chaperones about their feelings regarding our experience with cross-culture immersion. Today we received a packet discussing culture itself and self-identification.

The tunnel cafe sign
After classes were finished all the team leaders had a meeting with the chaperones to discuss their teams behavior and feelings about the trip so far. Apparently Team 5 is in the lead for this week. I think it is rigged because Team 4 (my team) definitely got the most points. Like I have been carrying everything for the chaperons all week for points, but that wasn't enough. :(


The tunnel
We finished eating dinner and Maddie, Skylar, and I (Cami was going to come but she was too tired) went to the tunnel again to check out the 厦门芙蓉隧道 (Xiamen Furong Tunnel) coffee house. Yes it is coffee shop inside the graffiti tunnel. It is so cool. I had seen it last time I went to the tunnel but we didn't go inside it. Anyways it is filled floor to ceiling with post-it notes that people wrote in Chinese. It also sells cell phones, books, t-shirts, magnets, postcards, and more. They also sell coffee, frapas, cold drinks, etc. It was awesome!!! I got a 厦门 tshirt and a phone case.

Cool new graffiti 
My new phone case

Today was fun and chill and I had NO HOMEWORK!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment