Thursday, July 14, 2016

Immersion Day
July 14, 2016

Immersion Day

Today was Immersion Day which means ONLY Chinese speaking, NOT ENGLISH what so ever. For incentive they used the point system as a prize again. Therefore, if any adult chaperon heard/ saw you speaking English they would take away points every time. It was hard but I made it through the day, speaking less than normal. Other than immersion day, today was a normal day with classes in the morning and afternoon. Class was a little more confusing because 杨老师 couldn't use English to help us out when we were utterly confused. But I caught on pretty fast. Tomorrow is also the day we find out if we won the most points and if we win we get to go shopping tomorrow night!!! I really hope we win. I asked 杨老师 how I could earn more points and she told me to be really passionate in class tomorrow and she will give me extra points. But the thing is, I am the only person that speaks in our class already so I guess tomorrow I will be extra enthusiastic. After lunch we had more culture class which is starting to get boring because 陈老师 only lectures and lectures and lectures. A lot of people had breakdowns today because they were over stressed. Today on girl, who is the type to never be overwhelmed and is nicknamed "the mama bear of the group" had a breakdown because she felt so must pressure and was sleep deprived. My friend, Maddie, talked .to some of the chaperones about it and requested we had one afternoon off where we did a group activity like flag football. I thought that was a good idea.

We had our second Green Clean Up today except it wasn't really a "clean up". We had to pick up bikes that had fallen over and count them as we went. Team 4 got 111 but team 3 claimed they got 183 which couldn't be possible since we were only given 20 minutes to pick them up. So according to my calculations if they got 183 bikes in 20 minutes, that's 9 bikes per minutes.... seems a little far fetched. But so many people complained that they were lying so no one got points. I was fine with it because I'd rather have no one get points then another team get more points.

Our new 朋友
Anyways, at dinner I sat among the locals. I sat with Sydney and two Chinese men. One just returned back to 厦门 from studying in England for 6 months. They were both studying at 厦门大学 to get their PHDs in economy and management. Sydney made a joke about how China has no toilet paper and the men gave us tissue paper. We also got a selfie with them!!!!





Coolest cafe ever
After dinner I went back to the Cafe in the tunnel to get something to drink with Maddie and Daysha. Maddie and I got lemonade which felt like America and Daysha got watermelon juice. The lemonade was so fresh and yummy but the watermelon juice was to die for. It tasted exactly like sweet watermelon. We also took cute pictures and walked through the tunnel. There was some graffetti that I didn't see last time I went to the tunnel. I love the tunnel and China!!!

Squad
Zootopia
I think this is new?
MTV welcome to my crib

Wow, we move into our host families in 1 week!!!! Crazy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Dang imersion day sounds stressful but good you caught on, hopefully your team wins! That's a tuff shirt btw and you're such a fool

    ReplyDelete